Sunday, July 22, 2012

Short Hand or social network language?

Honestly, I don't even know where to start from. I'm not an English teacher, but for some reason it just bothers me. The fact that half of the sentences I see in conversations or posts on facebook, blackberry messenger, twitter, etc, are just written the way the person would pronounce them, with no thought about the spelling whatsoever. The one I saw today didn't even seem to make sense. Since when is "makes" spelled "mex"??? The other one I saw the other day was "litu". You can guess that it stands for the word, little. I understand that typographical errors occur, but this is an entirely different thing going on here. The one I just don't understand is that even when the original word is only three letters long, it'll still be changed to something else. I know I've seen "wu" before, instead of who.

Okay, I'm going to chill, it's not like I can really do anything about it. I just wish people will at least type a full "Happy birthday" to a friend instead of hbd. I think they deserve more than three letters for a wish.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you on that. It's so annoying when people type like that. xoxo Demmy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For real, it just gets to me. Hope you're good. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  2. My dear you can say that again. AMEN!

    ReplyDelete