Saturday, February 11, 2012

Whitney Houston

Who would have thought of Whitney passing away on this fine Saturday, the eleventh of February. With thoughts of my incomplete assignment, all the stuff I have to cover before my exam on Friday, and hanging out with my friends tomorrow, this was one rude interruption. Honestly, the world has lost a most precious gem. Whitney's songs form some of my earliest memories of knowing anything about music, as well as Billy Ocean, Michael Jackson, and so many more. All we have now is the beautiful music she's left with us. With the singers we have in this generation, and I'm not saying that they aren't good, I just can't imagine how it will be in the next fifty years or so.
Even though Whitney struggled with drug-abuse, and seemed to lose control of her life at one point, I still see her as a great woman. At least,  she did try to make a comeback and I commend her for that. She didn't give up on herself, and that's what I love about that, and to think that she was in the process of shooting the movie "Sparkle" with Jordin Sparks, makes it even more painful. I pray her soul rests in perfect peace, and I wish her entire family, and especially her daughter, Bobbi Kristina, the strength to bear her loss. 
Rest in peace Whitney <3.

No comments:

Post a Comment