Sunday, January 13, 2013

Making cornbread/cake (How to)

I'll just call this cake, because when I made it for my friends, they said it was more or less like cake. And it's sweeter than the regular cornbread, so feel free to reduce the amount of sugar as you like.

Watch a video here: http://youtu.be/0NQyEoSbWOw


What you need:
-1.5 cups of flour
-0.5 cup of cornmeal
-2/3rds cup of sugar
-1/3rd cup of oil
-1/2 teaspoon of salt
-1 tablespoon of baking powder
-3 tablespoons of honey
-2 eggs
-1 cup of cold milk
What to do:
-Turn oven on to preheat (my current oven has levels 1,2,3 so I turn the knob between 2 and 3, which is a higher heat level)
-Combine the dry ingredients
-Add the wet ingredients
-Mix properly (add any coloring as desired)
-Pour into your baking pan(s).
-Bake for about 30-40 minutes.
Check with a toothpick if its ready inside (stick it in, and draw it out. It should come out completely clean)

-Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment