Saturday, January 14, 2012

Finally in Grenada!

So after my first year of medicine in the UK, I'm in Grenada for the next dose of med school. I'm a student of St.George's University, Grenada, but did my first of four years in Newcastle. Being in the UK was great, and Newcastle was definitely fun (It's true that you don't know what you have until you lose it). I miss that place like crazy! BUT, Grenada is so beautiful that it has become easy to not miss the UK so much. 


I don't even have to leave school to get distracted. The view from different parts of school shows the magnificence of the place. Oh, and did I mention that Grenada is one of the Caribbean islands? You know what that means!!! I get to go to the beach any time I want (even though I don't know how to swim). Okay, I went to the beach yesterday with my lovely girlfriends, and for the first time in my life, got neck-deep in the water. I swam a little. Okay, floated. Alright, I stood in the water. But that was a great improvement, and thanks to my friends I think my fear of the sea has disappeared. We even played volleyball in the ocean. I just think that's really cool, that I played volleyball in the Atlantic ocean, wow! It was so much fun, and I believe that in the next few weeks, I'll be able to go scuba diving (although my friends think that it's VERY unlikely, lol). 


So what else did I do yesterday??? I finally cooked after being here for a week, yay! I love cooking, and I actually baked my first loaves of bread. Ah, the bread tasted so good. And to think that this was the first time I tried it. I just googled a recipe and followed that. The kneading wasn't easy though, I thought my right arm would turn out popeye-like by the end of the night. But it was worth the pain. Now I can bake bread and meatpies. I still wonder how I can do these and each time I try puffpuff, it turns out like akara (puffpuff is like a little ball of doughnut, and akara is fried blended beans). They are very nice indeed, if you have any Nigerian friends, ask them about it, and maybe you could get to taste it too. 


I'm off to bed now. It's 4:32am and I have a long day today. But I have to put this down before I go: "The difference between dreaming and winning: dreaming needs effortless sleep; winning needs sleepless effort" Brotips.com. Have a great day people!

No comments:

Post a Comment