Sunday, August 7, 2016

Short Guide To USMLE step 2 CK

Step 2 CK Resources I Used For My Exam

-Uworld question bank (with 4-block assessment). This was very vital to my preparation and I used this for the whole duration of studying. I started subject by subject during my third year rotations. I then started the Kaplan qbank after the first round of uworld questions. My goal was to go through uworld completely twice. I did the uworld assessment some months to my exam. I didn't do any NBMEs.

-Kaplan question bank (with a 3-block assessment & two full simulation tests). I did the assessment first, then began the question bank, starting with my weakest subjects. I went back to uworld after going through Kaplan once. Kaplan questions took me longer to review than uworld questions because of their longer stems and explanations. I decided to stick with uworld as my exam date got closer, just so that I could go through all the questions a second time.. However, I did one of the full simulations half way through studying and the second one a week before my exam.

-USMLE Step 2CK Secrets. This was my favorite book to study. It covers all the subjects and contains high yield questions and answers. I was able to use this during my rotations because it fit into my white coat pocket. I loved that I could study whenever I had free time on the floors or in the subway on my way to the hospital and back home. I went through the book twice.

-Master The Boards Step 2. I used this along with uworld, annotating as I went through each subject. I went over it again a few days to my exam, just as a general review, especially with any troublesome topics.
-Step-Up to Medicine. This is a great textbook to use as a reference. It covers almost all topics in Internal Medicine in detail.

-Kaplan comprehensive cases (20 Internal Medicine topics covered here by Dr.Conrad Fischer). These were amazing high yield videos covering topics from Mitral stenosis to management of hypertension. They were definitely worth the time for me.

-Uworld Biostatistics bank. I found this to be a great asset to my preparation. It didn't have those long pharmaceutical questions, but it seemed to have everything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment